Plants produce seeds and seeds are the “eggs” that hold all of the nourishment needed to support new plant growth. They are packed with life-giving nutrients, all wrapped up in a neat and tiny protective shell.
For thousands of years, man has used seeds for culinary and medicinal purposes, enjoying their rich and distinctive flavors and health promoting compositions.
While you can consume seeds as part of your daily diet, enjoying concentrated seed oil is a great way to capitalize on nutrients. It is similar to the nutritional punch that you get when you juice a load of fresh veggies and fruits as opposed to eating them all at one time. Your body receives a rush of nutrients that can heal and revitalize your body at the cellular level.
Five Rejuvenating Seeds
Consider adding these five super seeds to your diet, or better yet, try them in their concentrated oil form.
1. Pumpkin Seeds: Known as pepitas, pumpkin seeds are flat and dark green and full of antioxidants. They have a nutty flavor that has a touch of unique sweetness. The extracts and oils of these seeds have been used to treat cancer, reduce cholesterol, lower the risk of stroke and heart disease, put the brakes on the formation of kidney stones and reduce inflammation, a precursor disease. Seeds contain twice as much iron as a 3 oz. piece of boneless chicken and more fiber per ounce than nuts. The oil from pumpkin seeds is loaded with zinc and also contains valuable vitamin E. Pumpkin seed oil is also well regarded for its anti-microbial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties.
2. Sesame Seeds: Sesame seed oil has been used since ancient times and has a delicate, nutty taste and is extremely resistant to rancidity. As with many other seeds, the nutritional profile of sesame seeds is rather astonishing. Seeds are an excellent source of manganese, copper, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin B1 and fiber. Two unique substances sesamin and sesamolin are found in sesame seeds, These substances are known as lignans and have been found to reduce cholesterol, prevent high blood pressure and protect the liver from oxidative damage. Consuming sesame seed oil may help protect you from cancer while providing support for healthy kidney function. In addition, sesame seeds have been used to treat migraines, PMS and rheumatoid arthritis. If you have trouble tolerating dairy, consider sesame seeds, they are a rich source of calcium and vitamin E.
3. Flax Seeds: Flax is well known for its high omega-3 fatty acid content. Every tablespoon of flaxseed oil contains 8 grams of ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) making it the richest source of ALA in the North American diet. People who suffer from Crohn’s Disease and Colitis often find relief with flaxseed oil as it tends to reduce inflammation of the intestinal wall. Flaxseed oil also helps to reduce high levels of cholesterol and lower the risk of heart disease. Additional benefits of this popular oil include improved metabolism, reduced menopausal symptoms, promotion of healthy skin, hair and nails and a reduced risk of cancer.
4. Coriander Seeds: Coriander is an herb that is native to Asia and parts of Europe. The seeds have a citrus-like flavor and are a popular addition to curries and pickled dishes. Known as a natural antioxidant with anti-bacterial, anti-fungal properties the oil from coriander seeds supports healthy digestion and liver, spleen and pancreas performance. In addition, coriander oil is also used to help regulate blood sugar and reduce overall inflammation within the body.
5. Sunflower Seeds: Both sunflower seeds and the oil that is pressed from seeds have been used for food and medicine throughout many cultures. Seeds contain vitamins D, E, K and B and also the antioxidant melatonin. Sunflower oil supports a healthy cardiovascular system and contains vitamin E and essential fatty acids. The oils from sunflower seeds are popular for skin care and as a carrier for aromatherapy essential oils.
Like any other food choice, quality matters when it comes to selecting both seeds and seed oil. High quality organic seeds and oils should be sought out for best results. The method of extraction also matters. Many seed oil companies use methods to extract the oils which damage the nutrient value of the oil. These methods include hydraulic and cold expeller pressing as well as solvent extraction. Because of the damage done to the oil components during these extraction methods, these oils must always be refrigerated.
We have some good news, however. Activation Products is using a new and patented technology to extract the oils from all 5 of these seeds to create Panaseeda.
This technology is so delicate yet powerful that the precious nutrient qualities of the seeds are left undamaged. The result is a high quality oil that needs no refrigeration and will last for up to a year in the kitchen cupboard. The best part of all is that this company does not make just one high-quality oil but a blend of five seed oils that offers a powerhouse of health benefits in just one serving.
Use it in smoothies, salad dressings or just spoon it right in!
Learn how Panaseeda helped one Olympian bounced back (when doctors gave him 2 hours to live) and rejuvenated him to feel better than he did as a teenager!
– The Alternative Daily