If you have anyone in your family in need of medicated foot powder, this recipe is for you. Medicated foot powder can be expensive to buy. And not knowing what all the ingredients are can be unsettling. I am always looking for a more cost effective and natural approach to issues that sometimes require medication.
This recipe is so simple and the effectiveness is amazing — it can be used for so many things. You can use it for diaper rash, jock itch, athlete’s foot and for feminine hygiene. It is very cost effective to just make up your own batch to have on hand. The next time there’s an issue, you will be prepared.
- 1 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 20 drops melaleuca essential oil
- 20 drops grapefruit essential oil
- Jar with a shaker lid (you can repurpose a spice jar or another type of jar as well)
1. Gather the ingredients together with the shaker jar.
2. Measure the ingredients.
3. Mix the cornstarch and the arrowroot powder in a bowl.
4. Now that it is mixed really well, add the essential oils.
5. Stir well again to mix in the essential oils.
6. Spoon mix into the jar.
7. Place the top on the jar and put the lid on. Shake before each use. Let the mix sit for 24 hours before using.
— Leilani Hampton