There are some days when I wake up and feel aches and pains, which are usually due to inflammation. It is caused by anything from overdoing my workouts to bending my body while working in my yard.
With the range of side effects in prescription medication, it’s more important than ever to find more natural approaches to managing inflammation.
This smoothie recipe does just that. It has some great ingredients known for fighting those everyday issues we all face. Research has found that every ingredient has inflammation-fighting properties, especially pineapple. It is a fast and easy smoothie to mix up as well. You could always add a little organic honey to sweeten it up a bit.
Ingredients to reduce inflammation
- 1 cup pineapple chopped
- 1/2 sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and sliced
- 1-inch fresh ginger root
- 1/2 cup water
- Honey (optional)
1. Chop and slice ingredients.
2. Place all ingredients into a blender.
3. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
4. Place smoothie in a tall glass and enjoy!
— Leilani Hampton