Salmon is an excellent meal choice. It is rich in a variety of nutrients, including omega-3 fatty acids, which help your brain, heart and joints to flourish. It has also been linked to lower levels of cancer and mood disorders. Omega-3 is considered an essential fatty acid because our bodies don’t produce it. We need to acquire this vital supplement through our diets. There is no better way than with a fresh serving of salmon.
With this recipe, your salmon will deliver deliciousness alongside other health benefits. Moreover, lemon and chives offer benefits of their own. Lemons fight free radicals, while chives are a nutrient-dense herb known for their medicinal qualities.
- 1/2 to 2 lbs salmon
- 4 tbsp chives
- 4 tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges as desired
1. Chop fresh chives.
2. Preheat oven to 475°F.
3. Add chopped chives and butter to your cooking dish and bake for 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Add salmon skin side up and bake for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the dish and peel off the salmon’s skin.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste. Flip and add salt and pepper to the other side.
7. Drizzle the butter and chives from the pan over the fillet.
8. Bake for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
9. Serve with lemon wedges.
— Erin Wildermuth