The Alzheimer’s-Reversing Oil That is Beating Prescription Drugs

coconut oil and fresh coconuts on wooden table.

According to the Alzheimer’s Association, the number of people diagnosed with this debilitating disease is on the rise. It is expected that by the year 2050 almost 14 million people will be living with the condition known to rob people of their memory and impose anxiety and confusion.

Presently, over 5 million people suffer the effects of this disease that is now known as the 7th leading cause of death in our country. It is estimated that over $148 billion is spent each year treating this disease.

There are no pharmaceutical options available to treat, halt or reverse the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease. Drugs being created now are made to reduce the amyloid plaques, made from a protein called Amyloid B (AB) that build up on the brain. These are a trademark of the disease.

However, recent studies reveal that small clumps of AB call oligomers appear years before the plaques even start to develop. The molecular structure of these oligomers is very different from AB.

Further, they found that drugs designed to destroy amyloid plaques have no effect on oligomers. This could explain why experimental Alzheimer’s drugs have failed; they are focused on plaques, not their precursor, oligomers.

Case Study: A Natural Approach

Mary Newport, MD, has had some up close and highly personal experience with dementia and Alzheimer’s. When her 53 year old husband started showing signs of progressive dementia, which was later diagnosed as Alzheimer’s, she took action.

He began taking Alzheimer’s drugs such as Namenda, Exelon and Aricept – however, his disease continued to worsen. It was not until Dr. Newport tried to get her husband into a drug trial for a new Alzheimer’s drug that she started to research Alzheimer’s triggers.

Her research led her to the discovery that some brain cells may have a difficult time using glucose – the brain’s main source of energy. Without this fuel, neurons begin to die. An alternative energy source for brain cells is fats, known as ketones. When the body is deprived of carbohydrates, it naturally produces ketones.

The hard part is that most people can’t cut carbohydrates out of the body altogether, and in many respects this can be unhealthy. So another way to produce ketones is by consuming oils made from medium-chain triglycerides. MCT is an oil that is made from coconut and palm oil.

Special: Discover 9 more reasons you should always EAT Coconut Oil (3 of these are shocking)

The drug which was being used in the drug trial was just MCT oil at a dose of 20 grams. When MCT oil is metabolized, ketones, which are created by the body, not only protect against Alzheimer’s but may also reverse the symptoms. This is also a potential treatment for Parkinson’s, Huntington’s, type 2 diabetes and multiple and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.

Mr. Newport began to take coconut oil twice a day at a point where he could not even remember how to draw a clock. Two weeks after adding coconut oil to his diet his drawing ability improved. After a little over a month, the drawing had more clarity. It appeared as though the oil was lifting the fog.

After sixty days, he was alert, talkative and happy. He had more focus and concentration and was able to stay on task. He kept taking the same amount of coconut oil each day and the dementia continued to reverse.

He was able to run again, and his reading comprehension improved dramatically. Over time, his short-term memory returned, and he was able to talk about past events with clarity. When he had a brain scan, the atrophy that had once been present was halted.

What we Know

coconut oilWe know that Alzheimer’s drugs have failed. We know that a drug company put a non-patentable natural substance (MCT) through an FDA trial, and it worked. But, it has now been discovered that a natural substance can be substituted for the expensive drug.

The amazing thing is that the natural substitute works better than the drug version. The ketones actually last for eight hours in the body when coconut oil is used versus three when the synthetic version is used. If this actually catches on, it could bring the drug monopolies to their knees!

The benefits of organic coconut oil are remarkable and well documented. Always use high quality Extra Virgin Unrefined and Organic Coconut Oil.

9 More reasons you should always EAT Coconut Oil => click here

-The Alternative Daily

Sources:

Recommended Articles

Comments

Comments

1. Tammy says

I think the recommended dose is 2 tablespoons daily. You can add it in a morning shake/smoothie and in the evenings as well for that matter. Some add it to their coffee but it does give it a oily taste without putting it in a blender for a few seconds. Personally, I can just swallow a tablespoon of it to get it down but my mom can’t do that.

Another way to get it in your diet is to use it in your cooking. However, you won’t be able to measure how much you are getting that way.

2. MayPA says

Thanks. Since my Mom died of Alzheimer’s, I’m trying to do everything not to go there myself.

3. Louise says

I make coconut oil fudge and love it! 1/2 c coconut oil, 1/4 cup of a nut butter, vanilla, i add a walnut you can do all kinds of things with it add cocoa powder there are plenty of various recipes on pintrest I make it in silicone candy molds keep it in the freezer and I have as many as I want usually 4 per day (I have a smaller mold).

4. pistons58 says

This is the biggest crock – the only good coconut oil does is it makes great cakes. It does NOTHING for alzheimers….perhaps if it did, my mom wouldn’t be dead
    Stop spreading false hope

5. Pat J says

maybe it will help some people and not others like certain drugs help some and not others. Anything is worth a try

6. undrgrndgirl says

why is there only ONE case where there is a CLAIM (not proof) that coconut oil “cured” alzheimer’s. like piston58, says, “this is a crock” and i’ll add “of sh!t”.

7. undrgrndgirl says

no, it was 6 tablespoons a day.
    and yes, if you use it in cooking you can figure out how much you’re getting, it just takes some simple math skills.

8. undrgrndgirl says

i’m sorry for your loss.
    my mom is in the midst of alzheimer’s now.
    i’ve been hearing this ONE story of coconut oil “curing” alzheimer’s for years now…it really pisses me off…if it really worked why aren’t there DOZENS of stories by now?
    it is a crock.

9. undrgrndgirl says

if it doesn’t cure or stop the progression of the disease, then by definition it isn’t doing anything. as a physician you should know that.

10. Doodlebug says

Having read all the responses here and seeing that many seem to be angry that coconut oil didn’t help their loved one I have to ask….did the Namenda, lyrica, carbadopa, levodopa, etc, etc, etc…..all these and other drugs did for my mother was keep her doped up and not being herself…polypharmacy doesn’t work either it only makes the doctors and big pharma richer but most people put their faith and their money into these charletons. I wish I had known about coconut oil back when she was still alive it might have helped and it certainly would not have hurt….

11. Innerlife says

It’s really unfortunate that you are so angry at efforts to help people with the very disease your family member suffers from. I believe that if piston58’s mother was around she would be encouraged from any effort being made to help those who suffer with Alzheimer. Unless she was an angry person also. I’m sorry if this is harsh but by dishing it out the way you both did you signalled that that’s the way you need it (I wonder if that happens in other parts of your lives also? I guess you better own it.). People project their unresolved pain upon anything that is associated with, or threatens, loss, especially if it’s something different than their approach to healing, in this case.
    Mostly, it is because they cannot dare to accept that something could have been, or is right, in front of them. For the Pharma-minded it represents a total change in world view and their investment in trusting Western scientific methods, as the only legitimate one. The bubble has burst and they don’t know what to do with that. They feel guilt because of this, because they are challenged with feeling helpless, in the face of something they want to have control over. They respond with anger, to something this straight forward, because they missed it, or it represents another change, and right now they just want the breaks to be on.
    OF COURSE, there is no guarantee that coconut oil will be or would have been the cure, sometimes ramped-up natural cures and pharma-meds don’t work because of something else going on. It could be some other condition or something as simple as the blood-type of a person. Responses to certain substances, even food, in the bloodstream are treated radically different for each blood type, in our systems. This is an area that is sadly overlooked in both streams of health approach, and effects medications capacity to help significantly.
    One example, or many, doesn’t change the possible reality of a CURE or even help, and it is not the responsibility of the Alternate Daily Web site, or others to prove to you something you could try yourself. This information can give you a whole new addition to your arsenal in fighting the disease and it is very inexpensive, unlike much of the Pharama solutions out there. The additional benefit is that it will have many less side-affects as it is just FOOD, unlike many Pharma approaches do. You should always inform your doctor, when adding an alternative approach to health management, but it ultimately is YOUR responsibility for YOUR health.
    What BOTH streams will agree upon is: “The surest way to encourage disease in YOURSELF is to vent anger as your default behaviour. This produces extreme levels of toxins in your system and that is the environment in which MOST diseases thrive, even cancers.” The word is not spelled DIS EASE for no reason. I’m very sure your mother would NOT want you to live in a condition of DIS-EASE. So cool it on others, it will help others to relax also. Those who attempt to do right, in their own way, even if they are though a natural healing approach, are still good, you should do that psychologically inwardly, yourself. If nothing else it redeems the time we have, emotionally, and makes that part better, helping the rest. This is just a “Word to the Wise”, I hope. By the way I am a trained clinical counsellor and I know of that which I speak. (Just for your FYI). Live and learn, as long as you live and as long as you learn.

12. Maria says

My mother is 93. About two years she started to have short-term memory (eg ; she would forget that I was coming over that day) and she slowly got worse, until in April last year I finally had no choice but to put her in an aged care home. Last year I read about Dr Newport’s success with MCT oil. A couple of months I started giving my mother a tablespoon of the oil every time I went to visit her (about every couple of days). The last several weeks I have seen slight improvements in my mother’s brain clarity, and now she seems to me to be so much more “with it” than she she had been for several years. She still forgets some little things. I don’t expect her to be 100% – but the difference is really gratifying. So I say: there is NO HARM in trying it (especially if the person is even younger than my mother).

13. Brenda says

Well said, Innerlife. If I could bring those I’ve lost from Alzheimers back… I’d definitely add the organic coconut oil to their regimes of daily meds, and pray I saw a difference!

14. Brenda Lee McNatt says

It said 20 grams. I looked on my container of Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Spring Valley)
    It says that a serving is 14 g which equals a tbsp. By my calculations 1.5 tbsp should be 21 g.