While many people contest that the raw food movement is necessary for health, we recognize that eating food as close to its natural state as possible is very important.
While you many not be ready to dive stomach first into the ‘raw food movement’, these tasty raw organic snacks may change the way you feel about raw food. ENJOY!
Sweet Green Smoothie
- 2 frozen organic bananas
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 cups organic coconut milk
- 4 leaves organic kale
- 2 leaves organic spinach
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. serve cold.
Tasty Mulberry Squares
- 1 cup dried and ground organic mulberries
- 1/2 cup whole dried mulberries
- 1/2 cup ground cashews
- 1/4 cup dried organic raisins, ground
- 1/2 cup lucuma powder
- 3 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup melted organic coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon camu camu powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons melted organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon lecithin powder
- 1 teaspoon whey protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grind all the the grindable ingredients in a food processor.
- Mix with all other ingredients to form a dough.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a baking pan.
- Mix the topping ingredients together and spread over the dough.
- Refrigerate until firm then cut into squares and serve.
Coconut Fruit Pops
- 1 1/2 cups fresh organic coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw honey or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen organic fruit
- 3 finely chopped mint leaves
- Place small chunks of the frozen fruit in the bottom of your popsicle molds.
- Put a few pieces of mint leaves into each of the molds.
- Blend the honey and coconut milk in a blender until smooth then fill the molds with the mixture.
- Put in sticks and freeze the mixture for 2 hours.
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- 1 pound organic strawberries
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla bean powder
- Desired amount chopped goji berries
- Desired amount chopped almonds
- Desired amount hemp seeds
- Desired amount cacao nibs
- Wash and dry strawberries
- Melt coconut oil and mix in cocoa powder, coconut nectar, and bean powder.
- Place the toppings on wax paper.
- Dip strawberries in chocolate then roll in desired toppings. Allow the coating to harden on wax paper before eating.
Raw Kiwi Sorbet
- 6 medium organic kiwis
- 1/4 cup soaked in advance cashews
- 1/4 cup soaked in advance organic raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon raw stevia powder
- Put all ingredients except 2 of the kiwis in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the 2 remaining kiwis. Pulse until mixed in, you want to leave a few chunks.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze following the machine’s instructions.
- Serve after softening for 5 minutes.
-The Alternative Daily