If you have ever needed an antifungal medication, it was probably due to an area of your skin showing signs of redness, inflammation and swelling. If you have bought an over-the-counter cream, I am sure you noticed the long list of ingredients that cannot be pronounced. This always makes me uncomfortable, due to the fact that I do not know what the possible side effects could be when placing the cream on my skin.
For that reason, I am so glad to have a simple recipe for an amazing antifungal cream that can be used for all sorts of issues. Knowing that it is even safe to use on babies and children really gives me peace of mind. When my grandbabies come over and get a scrape, I have an all-natural cream to put on them. I use it as a preventative cream as well. Even before my skin feels irritated after a scratch or scrape, I just put a dab on and go about my business.
I am sure you will want this cream at the ready in your home. It is very simple to whip up. It works quickly and it is so much cheaper than what you would find at the store.
Antifungal Cream Ingredients
- 1/4 cup almond oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup beeswax
- 3/4 cup shea butter
- 40 drops melaleuca essential oil
- 40 drops wild orange essential oil
- 1 pint sized Mason jar with lid
1. Gather all the ingredients and the jar with lid.
2. Measure the almond oil, olive oil, coconut oil, beeswax and shea butter.
3. Place them in the pint mason jar.
4. Place jar in microwave and slowly melt completely.
5. Stir well carefully. The mixture will be very hot.
6. Cool on the counter for at least 30 minutes.
7. Add essential oils.
8. Put lid on and place in the refrigerator to bring the mix to a solid form. Shake it up a few times while it is starting to harden in order to mix up the essential oils. Once it has hardened completely, it can be stored in the bathroom for easy access.
This cream should last you for a very long time. I am sure you will find many uses for it in your everyday life, just as I have. Enjoy!
— Leilani Hampton