I have struggled with not sleeping well for years. There are nights when I can fall asleep fairly quickly, but staying asleep is usually an issue for me. I took an over-the-counter sleep aid for many years. I knew it wasn’t a good choice, but I was desperate for some good sleep. I just don’t function very well when I don’t get the sleep my body needs.
Thankfully, now I have this lavender sleep balm. It includes several essential oils. When they are combined together, they form a mix that promotes good sleep. Lavender and vetiver are great for calming and relaxing the mind and body. Frankincense, myrrh and cedarwood blend well with lavender for a very restful sleep. Wild orange helps me stay asleep longer. Goodbye over-the-counter sleep aids!
Lavender Sleep Balm Ingredients
- 3 tbsp beeswax
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp jojoba oil
- 12 drops frankincense essential oil
- 12 drops myrrh essential oil
- 10 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 8 drops vetiver essential oil
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 drops wild orange essential oil
- 12 empty lip balm containers (or tin containers)
- Microwavable glass measuring cup
1. Gather all ingredients and containers.
2. Get the lip balm containers ready to fill. This mix will start to harden right away once it is all mixed.
3. Measure the beeswax.
4. Place beeswax in glass microwaveable container and melt slowly.
5. Measure out coconut oil and jojoba oil.
6. Once beeswax is fully melted, add coconut oil and jojoba oil, then stir well.
7. Allow mixture to cool for a minute or two. Otherwise, the heat will kill the properties of the essential oils.
8. Add the essential oils.
9. Mix well and pour into lip balm containers.
10. Let them sit for several hours to harden or you can pop them into the refrigerator to speed up the process.
11. Apply a small amount of lavender sleep balm to your neck, wrists, temples and under your nose. You can even add some to your pillow. Sweet dreams!
— Leilani Hampton