Babies have so many allergies and reactions to foods or detergents, which is why this balm will really come in handy. With the ingredients in over-the-counter diaper cremes, it is often hard to know which ones to use. This recipe will give you peace of mind.
We all know that when babies break out in a rash in the diaper area it can be a very stressful time. Diaper changing can become very difficult for both mom and baby. Using this balm can ease a mom’s mind and get fast results naturally. It can be used as often as needed and help take discomfort away quickly — all without side effects.
Make some for yourself or consider giving it away as a gift for new mommies. They’ll love the fact that it’s homemade, all-natural and full of great benefits.
Baby Bum Balm Ingredients
- 1/4 cup olive oil infused with calendula flowers
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp shea butter
- 1 tbsp beeswax
- 1 tsp cocoa butter
- Mason jar
- Cheese cloth
- Microwavable glass measuring cup
- Small metal tin with lid (or glass jar with lid)
1. To infuse the olive oil with the calendula flowers, first measure the oil in a glass mason jar. Add enough calendula flowers to make a thick mix. Put lid on jar. Place a washcloth in the bottom of your crockpot. Place the jar with the oil and flowers on the wash cloth. Add enough water to the crock pot to reach halfway up the jar. Turn crockpot to warm. Let warm for two to six hours. Let the oil cool, then it’s ready to be used. Strain oil using cheese cloth to measure 1/4 cup.
2. Measure all ingredients into a microwavable glass measuring cup. This makes pouring into tins very simple.
3. Melt slowly in microwave until melted. Stir well.
4. Carefully pour into tins and let cool.
— Leilani Hampton