Soothing Hand Scrubs
Whether you dig in the dirt all day or work at an office, there is nothing more soothing than a refreshing hand scrub. Hand scrubs are a relaxing way to clean, exfoliate and moisturize at the same time. Try one of these natural and easy-to-make scrubs.Sugar Hand Scrub
- 1 cup of organic sugar
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of almond oil
- 1 teaspoon of liquid lecithin
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin E
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil
- Mix all ingredients and store in a jar or other container.
- Apply to hands, rubbing in well, rinse clean, and pat dry.
Vanilla Sugar Scrub
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients well in a bowl.
- Spoon into jars or containers for storage.
- To use, rub into hands, rinse clean and dry.
Lemon Hand Scrub
- 2 1/2 cups of coconut sugar
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into jars or containers.
- To use, stir mix, apply to hands, rub in, rinse, and dry.
Our feet take a beating, and we often forget to look after them. After bearing our entire weight day after day, a soothing natural foot scrub will breathe life back into your tired footsies.
Minty Salt Foot Scrub
- 1 mason jar
- Sea salt
- Carrier oil
- 6 drops of tea tree oil
- 6 drops of peppermint extract
- Fill the mason jar 3/4 full with sea salt.
- Add carrier oil to the salt until it covers it.
- Add tea tree and peppermint and stir to combine.
- To use, apply to feet and scrub. Let sit for 5 minutes then rinse and dry.
Coconut Foot Scrub
- 1 cup of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of vitamin E oil
- 4 drops of essential oil (peppermint, lemon or eucalyptus)
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add to a jar or container for storage.
- Scrub onto feet, rinse clean, and pat dry.
Mint Lime Foot Soak
- 2 cups of Epsom salts
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- Zest of one lime
- 4 drops of lime essential oil
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Put into a jar, bag or other container for storage.
- To use, scoop 1/2 a cup into a bowl of warm water. Soak your feet in water for 30 minutes, then pat dry.
-The Alternative Daily