I have a confession: For over 20 years now, I’ve dabbled in palmistry. The lines of the hand have always fascinated me because of their ability to foretell a person’s life path, including his or her career, health and even love life. One of the more interesting lines on the palm is the heart line (or love line) because this line can provide insight into how a person gives and receives love, what relationships they’re in and how those relationships are affecting their life. So, go ahead, flip your palms over, and let’s take a closer look at what your heart line reveals.
Which hand should you read?
When it comes to palmistry, you can read your left, right or both palms. It really depends on what insight you’re looking for. Palmistry is distinguished between the active (dominant) and passive hand. A right-handed person’s active hand is his or her right hand. The left hand is, therefore, considered the passive hand. Alternatively, a left-handed person’s active hand is the left hand, which makes his or her right hand the passive hand. The passive hand is generally read first, to establish inherited characteristics and potential. You can then have a look at the active hand to see what changes have taken place. To reveal current relationships and feelings towards love, we’ll look at the active or dominant hand.
Love in the palm of your hands
The heart line is one of the three major lines on the palm and the most important line when it comes to love. It’s the uppermost line on the palm, just above the head line and the life line. It begins at the side of the palm or under the pinky finger. It extends to either the middle finger or index finger. Here’s where it gets interesting.
Are you satisfied with love or consumed by it?
The length of your heart line and where it ends on the palm can reveal your feelings towards love and how you choose to share and receive love. Let’s first pinpoint where your heart line ends — under your index finger, or under your middle finger — and see what this reveals about your love life.
- If the heart line ends under the index finger, it indicates that you are satisfied with your love life, and enjoy an abundance of love. It could also indicate that you are extremely picky about who you choose to share your love with.
- If the line ends under the middle finger, then you may be a little self-centered when it comes to love. You are also consumed with the need to be loved.
- However, if your heart line ends between the index finger and middle finger, then you are quick to fall in love.
Now let’s look even further into the length of the heart line to reveal more emotional insights. Are you a romantic at heart or ruthless when it comes to love?
If you have a short or absent heart line then your love life may not exactly be smooth. Perhaps you’re a little self-centered? Some may even call you ruthless at times, which could be the reason why you are also lonely at times.
On the other hand, if you have a long heart line you’re a warm and giving person. Just be careful you’re not too naïve and believe that love is like a fairytale.
If you’re a woman and you have a very long heart line that extends from both sides of the palm, it reveals that you are a faithful lover. If you’re a man it indicates that you’re a romantic at heart but also henpecked. However, on the more extreme side, a very long line could indicate you choose relationships that are one-sided, emotionally destructive and even abusive.
Are you sincere and devoted or prefer to play the field?
Straight or wavy, shallow or deep, each has different meaning and reveals different characteristics.
- A straight heart line that’s parallel to the head line means you’re an emotionally stable and prefer one relationship at a time.
- A wavy heart line reveals that you enjoy many relationships and prefer to play the field.
- If your heart line is also clear and deep then you are sincere, considerate and respectful of your partner.
- A faint heart line reveals that you are aloof when it comes to love and place little importance on your emotional life.
Will you sacrifice everything for love?
Often you will find branches that fork, cross, move upwards or downwards in the heart line. The existence and even the movement of these branches provide further insight into your love life.
- Branches that fork at the end of the heart line show that you are a passionate lover and on the hunt for true love — you’ll find it!
- Branches that fork at the beginning of the heart line could indicate marital woes.
- Do you have upward branches on the heart line? That’s good news and shows a happy love life.
- Unfortunately, downward branches could mean your relationship is on the rocks.
- Two or three upward branches at the beginning of the heart line indicate you’ll always have love in your life and are a master at charming others.
When it comes to love, a split and a curve reveals a lot
- A heart line that is linked in chains indicates that you are a flirt.
- Does your heart line split at the end and curve downwards? If so, then you, my friend, are willing to sacrifice everything for love.
- If your heart line curves upwards towards the middle finger, then you are passionate and are able to attract lovers quite easily. Not only that, but you will have the opportunity — if you choose — to enjoy many lovers.
Palm reading decodes the secrets of your (or someone else’s) life. Have fun with it. Remember, your dominant hand records the events in your life, which is why I prefer to read the dominant hand of a person. So, if you’re happy with what your heart line tells you then keep doing what you’re doing. But if you don’t like what you see, then go ahead and change it! Nothing is ever carved in stone — not even the lines of your hands.
— Katherine Marko