I’ve been trying to replace as many hygiene products as possible with ones that are all-natural. This body wash is sure to be a hit with any man in your life, be it a partner, friend or relative. This recipe can be mixed with many variations of essential oils. It might take a few tries before you get just the right scent for the body wash, but it will be worth it.
The body wash is very sudsy. It leaves my man feeling moisturized every time he showers. He tells me he definitely sees and feels the difference in his skin due to the use of it every day. I’m sure he will be asking me to make more of it when it runs out.
It’s super easy and fast to make once you have your castile soap. And the cost is so minimal compared to body wash on the market these days. This recipe is a sure favorite and one that you will treasure.
- 1/2 cup castile soap (I made my own — recipe to follow)
- 1/2 cup almond oil
- 1 tsp sea salt (acts as a preservative)
- 1 tsp Epsom salts
- 20 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 10 drops cedarwood essential oil
- Cheese grater
- A repurposed pump bottle (you can buy them on Amazon.com)
I had know idea it was so easy to mix up castile soap. To start, I bought Kirk’s Castile bar soap at my local grocery store.
1. Grate the soap with a regular cheese grater into a bowl.
2. Boil 8 cups of water and carefully pour into a large glass bowl.
3. Add grated soap.
4. Stir and leave it alone for at least an hour.
Now you have 2 quarts of homemade castile soap to use for future recipes. There are so many great uses for castile soap — the internet is full of inspiring ideas.
5. Gather the other ingredients and supplies.
6. Measure the ingredients.
7. Place all ingredients into a glass measuring cup and stir.
8. Carefully pour the mixture into the pump bottle.
Make sure to shake really well before each use. Enjoy!
— Leilani Hampton