I have suffered from eczema for many years. I don’t want to use the over-the-counter or prescription medications that are available — they never seem to work well and often come with side effects that I don’t need. A more natural lotion like this one is a welcome addition to my supply of products that don’t include unhealthy ingredients.
If you know anything about eczema, keeping the skin moist is very important. Most creams don’t seem to accomplish this very well. Some store-bought creams even include petroleum. That is not a good ingredient to be using on a daily basis! Petroleum products are not environmentally friendly and not good for your body.
Using more natural ingredients gives me a more effective treatment. I can also use it as often as I need. This helps my skin stay moist and soft while helping eczema to heal faster. This cream is very rich and soaks into my skin quickly. I know you will love the results as well!
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 25 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops melaleuca essential oil
- Glass jar with lid
1. Measure out the ingredients.
2. Place shea butter and coconut oil in a microwaveable bowl.
3. Place in microwave and slowly melt.
4. Add honey while it is still warm. Stir to melt the honey.
5. Allow the mix to cool. I put it in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. This will help the process go faster.
6. After it has cooled, add the essential oils.
7. Using a hand mixer, mix until the solution becomes frothy and light. This may take a while but the results are worth it for a little patience.
8. Place in a glass jar with a lid. Enjoy!
— Leilani Hampton