I love giving and receiving handmade gifts for Christmas. I feel that it’s a true expression of love when I put my time and effort into something special for those I care about.
With that being said, this peppermint soap recipe is a great way to do just that. It’s a beautiful soap that reminds me of candy canes. It smells so good with the essential oil and it only takes a few minutes to make. I know without a doubt that the special people in my life are going to love receiving this peppermint soap as a holiday gift.
- 1 lb melt-and-pour soap
- 40 drops peppermint essential oil
- Red colorant (optional)
- Soap mold of your choice
- Measuring cup
1. Assemble the melt-and-pour soap, peppermint essential oil, red colorant (if using) and microwaveable measuring cup.
2. Weigh out a pound of the soap and cut into small pieces. Place into the measuring cup.
3. Melt the soap starting with 1 minute and adding 30 seconds at a time until completely melted. Carefully pour the soap into soap molds.
4. Add 10 drops of peppermint essential oil into each bar of soap. Use a toothpick to stir carefully and mix well.
5. If using colorant, add a few drops to each bar. Using a toothpick, stir the colorant into the top layer of the soap.
6. Let soap cool completely. The mold can be placed in the refrigerator for a few minutes to cool faster.
7. Carefully remove each peppermint soap bar from the mold.
8. The peppermint soap bars can be wrapped in ribbon or decorated any other way you choose.
They are now ready to be displayed in your home or given as gifts to someone special. Happy holidays!
— Leilani Hampton