Making soap has become a passion of mine. I used to feel intimidated by the very idea of it, but now that I have discovered the different melt-and-pour varieties available, I am having a great time whipping up different creations.
I absolutely love anything with a lemon scent, and the calendula petals give the added touch of bright yellow that I was looking for. You could also add yellow colorant if you like.
- 1 lb goats milk melt-and-pour soap
- 40 drops lemon essential oil
- 1/4 cup calendula flower petals
- Mold of your choice
1. Gather ingredients together. Measure soap and put it in a microwavable bowl. Measure 1/4 cup of the calendula petals. Have lemon essential oil ready to use.
2. Place the soap in the microwave and heat for 1 minute. Add 30 seconds at a time until base is completely melted.
3. When completely melted, add 40 drops of lemon essential oil.
4. Stir the essential oil in well.
5. Add the calendula petals.
6. Stir together until mixed in.
7. Carefully pour the mix into the molds.
8. Let it cool completely before carefully taking out of the mold. What a beautiful soap. Enjoy!
— Leilani Hampton