I love finding projects and recipes that leave me feeling a little pampered. I think many would agree that we enjoy feeling this way. With my everyday hustle and bustle, having something that feels luxurious and special is a welcome addition to my daily shower regimen.
I like to keep my lemon shower jelly in the refrigerator until I need it in the morning. It is so cool to the touch and even helps me wake up a little easier. I love knowing that it is full of natural ingredients. Plus, my skin feels soft and smooth after I use it. For this recipe, I used my homemade castile soap. That way, it doesn’t suds up as much as store-bought soaps. Enjoy!
Lemon Shower Jelly Ingredients
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup castile soap
- 35 drops lemon essential oil (or essential oil of your choice)
- Glass measuring cup
- Silicone mold
- Small spray bottle with rubbing alcohol
1. Gather all ingredients.
2. Place water in a microwavable glass measuring cup and bring to boil in the microwave.
3. Add packets of gelatin. Mix until gelatin is completely dissolved.
4. Add the salt, lemon essential oil and castile soap.
5. Stir well.
6. Put silicone mold on a plate or tray.
7. Carefully pour mixture into the mold.
8. Spray the tops with rubbing alcohol to help eliminate the bubbles. This will give the shower jelly a smooth finish.
9. Place the mold into the refrigerator to let it set. Once set, gently pull the soaps out of the mold.
10. Store lemon shower jelly in a dry and cool place. You cannot store them next to each other or they will stick together.
11. Use the lemon shower jelly as you would use regular soap. It will lather up well and leave your skin feeling soft, clean and hydrated.
— Leilani Hampton