For all of us moms who have made the choice to breastfeed our babies, we know how painful it feels to have cracked and sore breasts. But sometimes, finding a product that is safe to use for us and our babies can be a real challenge. That is why I love this recipe.
This natural booby butter recipe only has good ingredients. I have a friend who just gave birth and I was so happy to be able to mix this up and give her some as a gift. Knowing that the ingredients are all natural gives moms peace of mind when they use this butter. They can relax knowing that their babies will not ingest anything harmful as they nurse.
This butter can be used as often as needed. If you have a newborn or a nursing friend, you will want to have this on hand all the time. Luckily, it is very simple to make!
Booby Butter Ingredients
- 1/4 cup olive oil infused with calendula flowers
- 2 tbsp shea butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa butter
- 2 tsp beeswax
- 2 tsp mango butter
- Mason jar
- Microwavable glass measuring cup
- Small glass jar with lid (or small 2-oz tins with lids)
1. Infuse olive oil with calendula flowers. First, measure the oil in a glass mason jar. Add enough calendula flowers to make a thick mix. Put lid on jar. Place a washcloth in the bottom of your Crock-Pot. Place the jar on the washcloth. Add enough water to the Crock-Pot to reach halfway up the jar. Turn Crock-Pot to warm. Let jar warm for two to six hours, then let it cool. The infused oil is now ready to be used. Strain oil using cheesecloth to measure 1/4 cup.
2. Measure all ingredients into a microwaveable glass measuring cup.
3. Melt slowly in microwave until melted. This takes a very short amount of time. If ingredients are not quite melted, just stir. The heat of the ingredients will help with the melting process. Stir well.
4. Carefully pour into tins or glass jar. Allow to cool. Use as often as needed.
The ingredients are all natural and food grade. Therefore there is no concern for the nursing baby after the use of this butter. Enjoy!
— Leilani Hampton