I love the idea of hot chocolate inside an ornament. It’s a unique and fun way to show someone a little love during the holiday season. You can easily make chocolate ornaments for everyone on your list because they are so easy.
These chocolate ornaments can be made with organic dark chocolate or white chocolate. You can be as creative as you want. There are so many options when it comes to what you include in the ornaments — the sky’s the limit. Have fun and enjoy the many different choices out there for hot cocoa. And after the chocolate is gone, the ornament is still usable for hanging on the tree.
- Organic hot chocolate packets
- Homemade sprinkles
- Mini marshmallows or homemade marshmallows
- Mini organic dark chocolate chips (or carob chips)
- Glass ornaments with removable hangers (I bought mine on Amazon.com)
- Ribbon (optional)
- Funnel (optional)
1. Carefully take each hanger off of the ornaments.
2. Using a funnel, fill each ornament with the hot chocolate mix.
3. If using sprinkles, add them now.
4. Add the mini chocolate chips, marshmallows or other treats.
5. Carefully replace the hangers to seal the ornaments.
6. Add some festive ribbon for a finishing touch. Note: The ornaments may be too heavy to hang, so proceed with caution.
7. The chocolate ornaments are now ready to be arranged around your house for decorations or given out as gifts. When ready to use, just add the contents to a piping hot mug of water and you have a special treat ready to go. Enjoy!
— Leilani Hampton