The more I learn about over-the-counter cleaning products, the more I feel the need to find more natural cleaning remedies. If you are like me and don’t want the harsh chemicals and smells that other cleaners come with, then you’ll love making this sage cleaning spray to use throughout your home.
This spray is so simple and inexpensive to make. Using it in my home gives me peace of mind. I can rest easy knowing that I am cleaning and disinfecting without any harmful chemicals — you know, the ones that include a big “hazard” label on the bottle? No, thank you!
Sage Spray Ingredients
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup alcohol
- 2 drops dish soap (I used Dawn because that is what I have on hand)
- Fresh sage (the fresher the better)
- An 8 oz spray bottle (you can also repurpose what you have. Just make sure you really wash the bottle before you mix up this spray.)
1. Gather all of the ingredients and your spray bottle.
2. Put the fresh sage into your spray bottle. Add as much fresh sage as you want.
3. Use the end of a wooden spoon to crush the sage after it is placed in the bottle. This will help release the oils from the leaves.
4. In the measuring cup, add the warm water, vinegar and alcohol. Pour into the spray bottle.
5. Add a couple of drops of dishwashing soap. Any brand will work.
6. For best results, shake the bottle really well before each use and use this spray within a couple of days.
— Leilani Hampton